List of New Zealand Betting Sites 2021
The Premier Source for the Best NZ Betting Sites Around!
The fact is that finding the best NZ betting sites can be tricky. There are simply so many to choose from, which means that if you were to try to identify them on your own, it’ll be rather hit and miss when it comes to finding the best experiences. However, you don’t have to leave your gambling enjoyment to chance, as our research team has done all of the hard work for you.
By using the handy list of New Zealand Bookmakers you see here by bookmarking us and returning every time you want to try a new site, you’ll get the insight you need to make the wisest decisions on where to bet. Whether you’re into traditional sports betting or esports, we’ll direct you to where the best gambling experiences can be had.
Sports Betting in New Zealand
Just like their neighbours, Australia, New Zealand is a country with a very long and proud sporting heritage. The All Black Rugby Union team is just one of the many famous names to originate in New Zealand, and the country also has successful international teams in cricket, rugby league, football, basketball and netball, to name but a few.
New Zealand’s commonwealth heritage certainly does shine through in the sports that are popular, as those that have the biggest fanbase are also popular in other commonwealth countries. That said, there’s also a large following for other major sports in New Zealand, with bookies offering a wide variety of betting markets, including horse racing, netball, and field hockey, as well as new entrants on the scene like UFC and esports (which we’ll go into later on).
What Can You Expect When Visiting NZ Betting Sites?
If you’re a relative novice at online gambling, you’ll likely be wondering what exactly you might encounter when visiting any of the top 10 betting sites in New Zealand. Well, as most people have done at some point in their lives, you can place a win bet on a horse race; however, that’s far from all, as the industry has developed so much in the last 20 years.
In addition to popular each way bets, where you bet on your horse to finish in the first 3-5 places, you can bet on so much more these days. You could place a wager on how many corners there are in a Premier League football match, how many ‘3 pointers’ there are in a game of NBA basketball or how many sixes are hit during a cricket test match. If it happens in sport, there’s a bet for it!
That’s still not all though, as there are new ways to bet too, like lay bets (where you bet on things not happening) or in-play betting, which is where you get to wager on events literally as they unfold by the second for some of the most exciting betting there is!
And Then There’s Esports Markets…
If you’re relatively new to the scene, then the chances are you won’t have heard about esports and the wealth of betting possibilities they offer. The term ‘esports’ basically refers to competitive console gaming, which happens almost totally online and includes titles like Counter Strike Global Offensive (CSGO), League of Legends, Dota 2 and Fortnite.
In these markets, you’ll get the same win/lose/draw bets, as well as pretty much the same variety of side or ‘special’ bets where you get to wager on what’s happening live. The top NZ bookmakers will also typically offer live streaming, so that gamblers are able to follow the action as it happens.
Our Thorough Reviews Leave Nothing to Chance
Our review team is extremely rigorous in the assessments they carry out on each and every new and well-established NZ bookmaker site alike. Here we’ll explain just some of the elements that need to be up to standard for a site to rate well with our team.
• Welcome Promotions & Bonuses – There are a ton of attractive welcome offers out there for new customers to enjoy. With our list to use, you’ll know where all of the best sign up bonus incentives are.
• Betting Market Choice – it stands to reason that an online bookie will need to offer a wide range of betting markets, and only those that do will rate highly with our team.
• Customer support – Just as important as anything else with an online bookmaker is how promptly they’re able to respond to customer issues. If you have a problem with your account or a technical issue and it’s not sorted out quickly, you’re simply not going to have a good experience.
• Wagering requirements – Another important area where any bookmaker will have to perform well is how fair they are with their wagering requirements. Some welcome offers look amazing until you see that you have to re-wager those funds 50 times before you can withdraw your winnings.
• Site security – The least you should expect from any online bookmaker is that they offer a safe place to bet, which is why only those with super-tight security and a strong SSL certificate will rate well with our review team.
• Payment Methods Accepted – convenience is something that’s important to gamblers everywhere, and that includes being able to deposit funds exactly how you want to. The sites that rate well with us will accept a range of ewallet payment types, as well as the traditional methods like credit cards and bank transfers.
Absolutely. Online gambling is completely legal, so you’re free to gamble away to your heart’s content!
Actually, no. Online gambling is considered recreation in NZ, rather than a pastime that brings in an income, so you don’t pay winnings tax.
Unfortunately not, as most NZ bookmakers primarily operate in English.
Yes, all the top sites you see here are licensed for fairness and won’t rate highly with us unless they’re super-secure, so you’re 100% safe!