Best Sports Betting Sites 2022
Easy, Convenient Access to the Best Sports Betting Sites Online
Trying to find the very best sports betting sites online without any help, you could soon find yourself overwhelmed by the sheer choice available. There are literally hundreds out there to choose from and whichever way you look at it – not all sports betting operators are created equally, so encountering a substandard one is very possible.
So, if this sounds like you, you have two options. You could continue along your current path, sometimes getting a good experience, sometimes not OR you could bookmark our list that contains all the insight you could possibly need to know where the best operators are. The second option is so much more convenient, especially as our list is updated all the time, so it’s super accurate.
How do we get this information? Well, it’s through the hard work of our team who conduct reviews on every new and established online sports betting website. What you can be sure of is that if a website shows up as being in the top 10 sports betting sites on our list, it’s absolutely earned the right to be there.
Further to that, any sports betting site that rates with our team has to keep doing well to remain at the top, as we keep our ear very much to the ground when it comes to how sports betting providers are performing. So why not put us in your favorites and pop back every time you feel like trying a new sports betting site? It really is as simple as it sounds.
A Little About Sports Betting For Newcomers
If you’re a relative newcomer to the world of online sports betting, then things can be a little confusing. Don’t worry though, as everyone starts somewhere, and to help you along, we’ll now cover the basics of what you might encounter when using online sports betting bookmaker services. So, strap yourself in as we look at what’s what!
The first term you’ll notice everywhere when visiting sports betting bookies is Sportsbook and essentially it’s a word that harks back to when people used to run a ‘book’ when betting on anything, which often did involve a real book! In the modern sense though, it refers to the sports betting services offered by your average online bookmaker.
What this has traditionally included are major traditional sports like horse racing, football, F1 motor racing, tennis, golf, and US sports like NFL football, NHL ice hockey, and NBA basketball. Among these major sports, you’ll also find lots of minor ones that can be wagered on like rowing, netball, field hockey, and more. So essentially, if it’s a sport that involves winners and losers, a sportsbook will let you place bets on it – if it’s included in one of their available markets.
Now, the size of the offering will vary from website to website because, as we’ve already mentioned, not all sportsbook sites are amazing. However, many are now boosting their available markets by including alternative options like mixed martial arts (MMA), which is something that’s watched by millions around the world every year.
What Kind of Bets Can You Make?
When playing on a good sportsbook site, you’ll get access to as much sports betting as you can handle, as there are typically more markets available than you could ever hope to wager on. The great thing is that these markets can be further subdivided by the many types of bets that can be made. As well as standard win/lose/draw bets, there’s a whole lot more to enjoy.
First, you’ve got in-play bets that allow you to win real money by reacting to real-time events as they unfold. Then you’ve got other options like accumulator bets where you wager on who’s winning at halftime and also who eventually goes on to win. After this, there are things like how many sixes are hit (in cricket), who’s the first goalscorer (in football), and whether a player gets sent off during the game!
Esports Betting Services
Visit a modern sports betting site and you’ll often also find a wide range of esports to gamble on, which run in a very similar way to the sportsbook services just mentioned. You get the same odds-based wagers, the same wide range of markets, and the same special bets that make things more interesting. The only difference here is that you’re betting on electronic sports – which equate to top-level competitive console game playing.
If you haven’t heard of this new kind of online betting, then you’re increasingly becoming in the minority, as it’s grown to become an industry worth billions. Followed by millions of people globally, esports can be enjoyed live, just like a real sport, allowing gamblers to really immerse themselves in the action as it happens. So, once you’ve had your fill of traditional sports betting markets, there’s all this, equally exciting, esports wagering!
A Rigorous All-Inclusive Review Process
Ok, so now that we’ve covered the basics of what you can expect when visiting the vast majority of sportsbook sites, we move on to the process that we use to ensure our readers only get the very best experiences. We assess every element that influences the enjoyment on offer, with only those sites that meet the highest standards getting our vote.
The many metrics we evaluate include:
• Customer service : If a sports betting site doesn’t offer responsive customer assistance via a variety of different channels, it can’t possibly provide a great gambling experience. When we come across a provider that gives support to its players around the clock via email, live chat, and phone, it will get a good rating. However, if customer support isn’t available 24/7 or the options are minimal, it won’t.
• Payment choices : Another important factor when it comes to convenience is the availability of a variety of different payment methods. Once upon a time, you’d find that online betting sites would only accept debit or credit cards, but with the advent of e-wallet services like Skrill and cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, a good selection is required for a good rating to be given.
• Mobile-friendliness : In the modern-day, more and more people are choosing to do their gambling on their mobile phones, so it’s important that any top-rated site is configured to work well across all devices. In order for a sports betting operator to rate well with our team, it will need to either have a mobile-friendly site or offer a free downloadable app for a smooth and enjoyable playing experience.
• Betting market choice – One of the most important metrics for any sports betting site to rate well on is the variety and depth of betting markets available. The very best websites will offer a large range of both sportsbook and esports betting opportunities for their players to enjoy.
• Website security – A cornerstone of any great betting experience is the provision of a safe environment in which to play. You’re committing both your funds and your personal details when you sign up with a new site, so you need to know that it’s secure. Only sites that feature high-end encryption and a secure SSL certificate will rate highly with our review team.
• Bonuses & Promotions – there are a wealth of welcome offers available for new players out there to enjoy, with bonus code promotions entitling you to free funds, enhanced odds, and lots more besides. Our review team analyses each offer for fairness and attractiveness and only by offering bonuses to its players that don’t come with unreasonable wagering restrictions will an online betting site rate well with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
The minimum age for any kind of betting online is 18, however, this does vary from country to country. If you’re at all unsure, we’d recommend checking the rules in your country before attempting to join any online bookies, as you will be asked to verify your age at some point during the signup process.
That’s entirely up to you, however, what we will say is that paying for advice does take away some of the enjoyment and you’re not guaranteed that the advice is good. Instead, why not try learning more about the sport in question, so that you can make wise betting decisions on your own?
Yes, they do. Each bookie is free to set their own odds, so don’t assume that the odds you’re getting are the best available.
That’s easy. The filters you see next to our list let you search using the metrics that matter to you.