Best Scandinavian Betting Sites in 2023
Find the Best Scandinavian Betting Sites the Easy Way
If you’ve been looking for the best in Scandinavian betting sites with nothing to guide you but your wits, the chances are you’ve found some good and some not-so-great. Due in part to a wide array of choices, combined with sometimes inaccurate advertising, it can be tough to find the very finest Scandinavian bookmakers on your own.
So, if looking by yourself is the hard way, what’s the easy way to find the best betting companies in Scandinavia? Well, we’re glad you asked, as this page is pretty much dedicated to it, with the list you see on it containing all the insight you need to steer clear of the so-so sites and go directly to the great ones every time you take the time to go looking.
We offer a continuously updated resource that will help you find the best sportsbook operators in Scandinavia, so the recommendations we make are always up to date. Just by adding us to your browser favourites, you get a resource that you can access with just a click of your mouse or smartphone screen. With our help, you’ll always find what you’re looking for!
About Online Betting in Scandinavia
With a population of just over 21 million people, Scandinavia sits in most Northern reaches of Europe and contains a number of sovereign nations. Consisting of Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, the Faroe Islands and Iceland, it’s a region of the world with a rich and proud sporting heritage. No surprise then that the sports betting market there is also rich.
In addition to a wide range of online casinos, Scandinavian inhabitants get to enjoy pool exchanges, sports betting, bingo and lottery. Unlike much of the rest of Europe that uses the EURO, the currency in Denmark, Sweden and Norway is the Krone and it’s one that’s wagered widely by Scandinavian gamblers on a regular basis.
Regardless of which Scandinavian country you’re in, you’ll find that the regulations governing domestic and international bookies are quite strict, particularly in Norway. For example, Norwegians are typically required to declare winnings they’ve won internationally, however, domestic winnings are not usually taxed.
What Do Scandinavian Sportsbook Services Offer?
Domestically speaking, football is head and shoulders above everything else in Scandinavia in terms of popularity. However, in Scandinavia, there are a number of national sports, such as handball, floorball, equestrian sports and winter sports. Ice hockey also features prominently, as does speedway, with many tuning to enjoy the thrills and spills on offer.
Aside from this, you can expect to find the traditional options that you’d find in an online bookmaker in any developed western nation. Horse racing, swimming, rugby, cricket, basketball and golf are just some of the options available, but typically, the list is far, far longer. Any sport going on around the world can be wagered on.
New Markets On the Scene
Then there are relative newcomers on the scene like MMA and esports, both of which have enjoyed a meteoric rise in popularity. Looking further afield to the USA, the NHL, NFL, NBA and Major league baseball markets can be enjoyed, for a truly diverse sportsbook offering. When combining domestic and international sites, the options are almost endless.
Further to that, there is also a wealth of opportunity in the relatively new field of eSports. Thanks to the modern paradigm of high-speed internet, the top console game players in the world pit their wits against each other playing games like Call of Duty, Fortnite and DOA in front of audiences in their millions. Excitement, fun and gambling possibilities abound!
What Type of Bets Can You Make?
In addition to the wide range of sports available, there are a number of different types of bets you can make. Let’s take a look at the options that are typically available.
- Win bets – Also known as ‘moneyline bets’, a win bet is where you wager on the winner of a horse race, football or tennis match. If your pick wins, you win. Simple.
- Eachway bets – If you want to hedge your bets and increase the chance of winning, an each-way bet involves paying a little extra so you win if your pick finishes 2nd or 3rd.
- Acca bets – As the shortened form of ‘Accumulator’, an Acca bet offers a way to win big, but the odds are long, as you need every one of your win picks to come in.
- Under/over bets – Another fun way to bet is to guess whether the total number of goals/points/tries are scored during a competitive matchup.
- Special bets – Spicing things up further, the special bet is typically a side bet on something peripheral like total number of throw-ins during a soccer match.
- In-play bets – For maximum minute-by-minute excitement, however, there is nothing quite as thrilling as betting on events as they unfold.
Of course, this is just a selection of the bets you’ll find at the best Scandinavian sites, but as you can see, the options are already considerable.
Our Exhaustive Review Process
The reason why we’re able to provide the recommendations we do is because of the exhaustive reviews that our team conducts. We see through the advertising by analysing every important area of all the Scandinavian gambling sites we find. We turn over every stone to ensure that all the sites we endorse meet the highest standards where it really matters.
Among the many metrics evaluated are:
- Customer service standards – Support needs to be provided for players around the clock via multiple channels. We only recommend sites that offer it.
- Website security – The bedrock of any great betting site experience is a safe place to play online. It’s something of a minimum expectation.
- Accepted payment methods – People pay online in all sorts of ways using credit cards, e-wallets, and crypto. We highlight those that cater for it.
- Number of markets offered – Another crucial metric is the choice of markets provided, so you should expect the top sites to offer a wide variety to enjoy.
- Welcome bonus fairness – Some welcome offers come with unfair wagering requirements, so we make sure you know which ones are fair.
- Mobile playability – Playing on mobile is the preferred way these days, so the top sites will either have an optimised site or a free downloadable app.
To list every metric we evaluate would simply take too long. Simply know that our reviews are exhaustive as they are for a reason – so we can be totally confident in the sites that we recommend to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
In Scandinavia, the legal online gambling age is consistent with many other countries in that it’s 18.
Yes, foreign sites that accept Scandinavian players will invariably accept the Krone as a form of payment. It’s simply a matter of choosing your preferred currency at the cashier.
No. While many do, some choose to offer a smooth playing experience with a mobile-optimised site.
If you’ve chosen the site you’re playing at from our list, that shouldn’t be a problem, as every one will have been rated highly for safety.