Best Offshore Betting Sites in 2023
Want an Easy Way to Find the Best Offshore Sportsbooks?
The internet can be a confusing place at the best of times, but when searching for the best offshore sportsbooks without any help, you can be left feeling like you don’t know which way to turn. One offshore betting site can look very much like another, so how can you possibly know which is the right sports betting site for you?
The good news is that the list displayed on this page is the answer to finding the finest offshore betting sites every time you go looking. Our list of offshore bookies we recommended is put together thanks to the hard work put in by our review team who do a deep dive on all of the offshore betting sites we find so that we get to the heart of the matter.
All you need to do to enjoy this insight is to add us to your web browser’s favourites list. This will allow you to access the top offshore bookmakers for your needs within just a few clicks. So, why not kiss goodbye to substandard online bookie experiences by using our constantly updated resource to guide you. Thousands have already, so why not you?
About Off-Shore Betting Sites
When talking about offshore betting websites, you might wonder what the title means. Essentially, it’s a term that describes betting sites that aren’t run by a company that’s from the country in which the gambler is gambling. There is a multitude of ‘foreign’ or ‘international’ sports betting sites like these, many of which you may have heard of.
Sites like these include:
- BetOnline – one of the best overall offshore sites
- 1xBet – a Cyprus-based company that serves 134+ countries
- BetFred – a UK site that’s famed around the globe
- 888.com – a Gibraltar-based site that offers casino & sports betting
- Nitrobetting – a company that offers lightning-fast transactions
Why do people choose to use these top rated international sites, rather than domestic ones? Well, it largely comes down to the fact that their size typically allows them to offer better bonuses and a wider range of markets. Operating very much as a ‘local’ site, players can deposit funds in their native currency and enjoy.
Sports to Wager On in the European Market
When using off-shore sites online like those mentioned, you get to enjoy the full range of sports betting markets. To begin with, there are major global sports like football, NFL football, cricket and athletics, as well as more traditional betting options like horseracing and greyhound racing. Then there are new options like MMA that have taken the world by storm!
Other sports include:
- Tour de France cycling
- NBA basketball
- NHL Hockey
- Formula 1 racing
- NBA Basketball
- NBA Baseball
- Ruby League
- Ruby Union
Basically, wherever sporting competition is occurring, offshore betting companies will let you bet on them. You can even bet on events in the hugely popular sphere or esports whereby professional gamers face off in what can be extremely intense and enthralling matchups.
The Types of Sports Bets That Exist
In addition to the wide variety of sports markets available to players, offshore sites will offer a range of different ways in which you can wager. Let’s take a look at those now.
- Moneyline bets – a basic wager type that involves trying to correctly select the winner of any given match-up in head-to-head sports that feature a clear winner and loser.
- Win/lose/draw bets – here you choose the result of a sporting matchup, but this time, you can also hedge your bets on there being a stalemate in the contest.
- Under/over bets – here you would bet on their being ‘over’ or ‘under’ a certain amount of points/tries/goals in a contest.
- Accumulator bets – here you have no option but to ‘let it ride!’ as this type of bet involves predicting the outcomes of multiple events – all of which have to come in.
- In-play bets – many choose to engage in in-play betting, as it offers a lot of excitement in real-time as you allow ongoing events to guide your actions.
- Special bets – running alongside main bets are ‘special’ bets that require you to determine peripheral elements like the time of the first corner in soccer or perhaps the number of red cards in a rugby match.
Bonuses & Promotions You’ll Encounter
When using sports betting services like these, you’ll find that sites will advertise attractive incentives to take advantage of. Make no mistake, they understand they need to win your custom with so much competition on the market, so there are some pretty impressive offers out there if you know where to look.
Generally speaking, you’ll find the following on most sites:
• Welcome bonuses: This is an incentive to get you to play, so expect all the fanfares and flashing lights to lure you in. Including elements like free money, free bets or improved odds, there’s much to enjoy with the right welcome offer.
• Reload bonuses: Also referred to as ‘loyalty bonuses’, reload bonuses reward you for continuing to add funds to your account. If you keep playing, you should expect a steady flow of ‘thankyous’ for staying loyal to the site in question.
• VIP Programs: Sports betting sites often like to reward high rollers and loyal customers by including them in VIP programs that operate with a points-based system and offer ongoing rewards for being one of their best customers.
Our Reviews Are Exhaustive
Our dedicated team carries out exhaustive reviews on every offshore betting site we find, as we know it’s the best way to get to the truth. Among the myriad of metrics that we evaluate, you’ll find the following being scrutinised:
- Customer service availability & range of methods offered
- Overall selection of sports betting markets to enjoy
- Website security put in place to protect players online
- Mobile playability, analysing whether apps or optimised sites are provided
- Total number of payment methods that are accepted
- Welcome bonuses & the fairness of their wagering requirements
This is just the tip of the iceberg of what gets reviewed, so you can rest assured that the recommendations we make are based on solid insight.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sure, but like every other type of betting site, some are safer than others. To get the safest possible experience, choose the sites you use from our list.
Yes, you do and you’ll have to prove it using uploaded documentation.
100% yes. If the site accepts players from your country, they will accept your currency.
If you’re getting funds as part of your welcome offer, you will have to wager them multiple times before you can withdraw them. The specifics will be in the small print, but don’t be surprised if it’s as high as 15-20 times.
That’s not a question we can give you a definitive answer to, as the rules are different from country to country. That said, while using ‘foreign’ sites is considered technically illegal, most governments don’t actively pursue prosecution.