Best NHL Betting Sites in 2023
Want Easy Access to Best NHL Betting Sites on the Web?
Should you be on the lookout for the best NHL betting sites around, we wouldn’t recommend trying to find them without some prior insight. Why? Well, because if you do that, you’re going to be largely making your decision about where you gamble online based on luck and the advertising that each website uses to entice you.
The problem with this approach is that advertising is not always a true reflection of the services offered. However, when you’ve got knowledge of what each of the bookies offers you before you sign up, you’re much better positioned to make wise choices. This knowledge is available right here on this page and we’ve even laid it out in an easy-to-read format.
Gleaned from a comprehensive process of reviews, the info you see here on our list empowers our readers to get the best value for their money by enabling them to avoid substandard sites. We’re constantly updating the info shown too, meaning that it’s always based on the most current data possible.
Betting on the National Hockey League
When it comes to ice hockey, the National Hockey League or NHL is where it’s at. Comprising 32 different teams of which seven are from Canada and the remainder from the USA, the NHL started off way back in 1917. There were just four original teams in the league, but the membership has slowly grown over the intervening decades.
These 32 teams are split up into two separate conferences; the Eastern and Western, with each of these divided up into the Metropolitan and Atlantic divisions (in the East) and the Central and Pacific divisions (in the West). It’s a league that has seen its fair share of Hall of Fame names like Wayne Gretzky and Art Ross, as well as current top players like Connor McDavid from the Edmonton Oilers and Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Lots of Opportunities to Win Real Money!
It would be true to say that ice hockey is a fast-paced sport, with the play often breaking out into one-on-one fighting matchups during the game. Believe it or not, fighting is seen as part of the sport and is rarely penalized too harshly. It’s the only sport in the world (other than combat sports) where violence is allowed.
Bookmakers offer a wealth of betting opportunities on ice hockey as part of their sportsbook services, with the best sites providing a range of different wagering types. Let’s take a look at just a few examples of the bets you can make.
- The Moneyline Bet – this involves simply picking the winner from the two competing teams on the day. Based on the odds being offered for each team, you’ll win a certain amount back plus your stake.
- The combined Score Bet – Also referred to as an Over/Under wager, the combined score bet is one where you need to guess the total goals are scored.
- The Puckline Bet – this is hockey’s version of the spread bet, where lower-ranked teams are given a handicap score to make the match more competitive.
- The Parlay Bet – another form of the accumulator bet, the parlay bet involves choosing multiple victors, with the payout only coming if all of your bets come in.
- The Proposition Bet – offering increased entertainment value to any game you’re watching, the prop bet is one where you wager on elements like ‘next scorer’ or ‘next player’ to be placed in the penalty box.
- The In-play Bet – perhaps the most exciting type of bet of them all is the in-play bet, where you make snap decisions based on what’s happening in real-time.
How We Guarantee Your Playing Pleasure
We go to great lengths to ensure you get value for money, evaluating the full range of metrics important to the level of service being offered. They include:
- Number of available markets
- Payment methods accepted
- Customer service levels
- Website security offered
- Fairness of welcome bonuses
- Mobile-friendliness of experience
- Languages supported
- Payout speed
This is just a selection of the many elements we evaluate. It’s this painstaking work that means you can rely on the information we provide to guide you to the best NHL betting experiences around.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Sportsbook operators will always offer a wide range of different sports to bet on.
By choosing the ones you play at from our verified list of top-rated sites. Each one is rated for fairness and internet security.
Yes, many people do. Just remember, you’ll need to make a deposit at each one!
Actually, it’s really easy. Just go to the cashier and choose your preferred method of payment.