Best Kentucky Derby Betting Sites in 2021
Want the Best Kentucky Derby Betting Sites For Your Money?
Spend just a little time looking for the best Kentucky Derby betting sites and you’ll notice that there are many to choose from. This creates a dilemma, as not all online sportsbook operators out there provide the same high level of service, so you can end up wasting your hard-earned cash on a site that isn’t worth it.
The good news for you is that by finding our list, you now have easy access to all the information you need to know where the best Kentucky Derby sportsbook experiences are. This insight has been gained through a rigorous review process our team carries out for the benefit of our readers.
Conducted from the viewpoint of the player, our reviews assess every element that contributes to the experience being offered. Down to the smallest detail, we ensure that only the very best sites around get our recommendation.
About the Kentucky Derby
Held in early May each year, the Kentucky Derby is one of the most well-established events in the global horseracing world and it involves as many as 20 of the finest 3-year-old thoroughbreds in the US. This is a much-anticipated annual race that takes place at the very end of a two-week-long festival, with millions in wagers being placed by both casual and regular bettors.
The race was first held back in 1875 when Meriwether Lewis Clark Junior started it after being inspired to do so by the European horseracing events he’d seen. Located on lands given to him by his uncles, he built a 1¼ mile course at Churchill Downs and history was made.
What to Expect On Kentucky Derby Sites
The Kentucky Derby is one of North America’s biggest horse racing events, so you’ll typically find bookmakers providing attractive offers, promotions, and other ways to win real money. Outside of welcome bonuses, there are typically a few main ways you can place a bet on a big horse race like this one and they include:
- Straight win bet – the simplest bet that involves picking the winner
- Each-way bet – where you can win a percentage of the winning odds if your horse places near the front
- Superfecta bets – that require you to pick the first 4 horses in the right order. It’s tough to get right, but you can win big money.
- Accumulator/Parlay bets – There are 35 separate races during the festival, so you can even include the big race as part of a parlay or accumulator. It’s another way to win big!
How We Find the Best Kentucky Derby Bookies
We put the hard yards in to find the best experiences for our readers. The many aspects that our reviews take into consideration include:
- Responsiveness and availability of customer service
- Variety of odds being offered
- Welcome bonus fairness (no unrealistic wagering restrictions)
- Variety of payment options
- Mobile-friendliness of the website
- The overall security of the site
Believe us when we say that this is just a small fraction of what gets assessed to ensure that you get access to the very best experiences available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Churchill Downs is a dirt track, which can turn quite muddy when it rains.
With a 20-horse race, anything can happen, so it’s probably best to go for a favorite or trust your gut.
Most are, yes. However, to be 100% sure, make sure you choose yours via one of our verified links.
It is in some states like Michigan, Nebraska, or Nevada, but not in all, so check your local rules.