Best Hockey Betting Sites in 2021
Stress-Free Access to the Best Hockey Betting Sites Around
There are two ways to find the best hockey betting sites. The first one is to put your trust in your judgment and the bookmaker’s advertising, however, you likely won’t need us to tell you that this approach is flawed. If all online sportsbooks for hockey were of the same standard, then it would be ok, but unfortunately, they’re not.
This can result in time and money being wasted on an operator that doesn’t live up to your expectations. The second way is tried and trusted and it involves using the information shown here on our list to guide you to the best sites. Obtained through a painstaking review process, the insight we provide will help you avoid the frustration of a poor bookmaker experience.
All you need to do to gain stress-free access to the very best hockey betting operators is to bookmark us and keep coming back. We continually update our list too, so you can be sure that you’re always working with the most up-to-date and accurate information available.
About NHL Hockey
While ice hockey is played all around the world, the real action and the pinnacle of the sport lie in the National Hockey League (NHL) in the US. Explosive, exciting, and full of betting opportunities, it’s a sport that draws in the crowds with the Stanley Cup being watched by upwards of 3.5 million viewers.
It’s one of the most dynamic and fast-paced sports on which to win real money, with the 32 teams involved in the league battling it out for supremacy. Founded back in 1917, the sport has been graced by legendary players like Wayne Gretzky, Terry Sawchuk, and Goldie Howe.
The current crop of players is also packed with talent, with Victor Hedman, Aleksander Barkov, and Brad Marchand amongst the top players of the moment. It would be true to say that to the online gambler, there’s lots of potential enjoyment available.
Ice Hockey Bets You Can Make
When you bet on hockey with one of the best bookies around, you’ll usually have access to a range of options that include:
- The Moneyline Bet – the Moneyline bet is a great way to get started, as it’s essentially a bet made on the outright winner of the game you’re watching.
- The Over/Under Bet – due to being a fast-paced sport, it’s also a high-scoring one, with 6 or more goals being scored on average in the NHL. The over/under bet typically offers reasonable odds and your job is to decide whether under or over a certain amount will be scored.
- The Puck Line Bet – sportsbook bookmakers also let you make puck line bets, which are essentially spread bets where you’re wagering on whether the underdog/favorite will lose/win by more or less than a certain amount of goals.
- Proposition Bets – to make things even more exciting, you can also place ‘prop’ bets that allow you to bet on things like the first goalscorer, the first team to score, whether a goal is scored in the first quarter, and more.
A Painstaking Process of Reviews
The process that we use to differentiate between the great and not-so-great bookies out there is an extremely painstaking one. We review every single new and established operator, with a range of metrics being evaluated. Here are just a few of them.
- Available betting markets
- Customer support levels
- Mobile-friendliness of the site
- Website security offered
- The attractiveness of welcome bonuses
- Choice of payment methods
- Languages provided
If it has any bearing on the experience offered, it gets assessed. We know it’s the only way to guarantee top experiences for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
When choosing from our top-rated sites, they absolutely are.
Typically speaking, it’s 18 years of age, but that can vary, so you should check your local rules.
Sure. That way, you can get more than one welcome bonus and access to a wider range of odds.
100%, yes. Ice hockey is one of many sports betting markets offered by sites like these.