Best Dota 2 Betting Sites (The International 2023)
Best Dota 2 Betting Sites
If you are tired of traditional betting sites, we have something new to grab your attention. Dota 2 could be just what you have been searching for.
Ever since its release in 2013, Dota 2 has been a major RTS (real time strategy) game, and its popularity shows no signs of decreasing. Whether you are a veteran on the hunt for the best Dota 2 betting sites, or a newbie wondering what this is all about, we have put together everything you need to know about Dota 2, including the best Dota 2 betting sites to explore and enjoy.
What Is Dota 2?
Before we go any further, it is worth taking some time to explore and explain just what Dota 2 is, and how it can make you money.
Dota 2 is a strategy game, considered by many to be one of the biggest in esports, which allows players to participate in a series of betting markets to wager and win real money. Dota 2 is a strategy game played in real time that relies heavily on tactical decisions, excellent teamwork, and smart, well thought out decisions to win.
The aim of the game is to destroy the “Ancient Structure” of the other team. This is located in their team stronghold, and this in turn is protected by a series of towers, which are accessed by traversing through three lanes. Each player will control their own hero, and this character will try to help them win by fighting for them, gaining experience and collecting gold. Gold can also be obtained by killing enemy heroes, killing creeps—more on this in just a moment—and destroying enemy strongholds.
There are three main elements in Dota 2: Heroes, Creeps and Items.
- Heroes are pretty much the main point of the game, and come in three main types: Strength, Agility and Intelligence.
- Creeps are anything that is not a hero, a courier, or a building. They have set stats, and these will not be altered by levelling up, or by collecting experience—they remain the same throughout the game. Heroes, on the other hand, can gain both gold and experience by killing creeps.
- Items are particular in-game pieces of equipment, designed to help your heroes attain special abilities and bonuses. Heroes are able to hold six of these in their inventory, as well as three in their backpack, and six in the stash. Most items in the game will be found in the shop, but creeps can also drop loot at random.
- Now that the basics have been covered, let’s turn to an important issue: just how can this game help you to make money? There are a number of things for players to bet on, and we have explored some of the most popular below.
- Match Winner: as the name suggests, this allows gamblers to bet on the team they think will win the match.
- Map Winner: this works in a similar way to the match winner; players have a chance to place bets on Dota’s map winner. Both teams will try to take control of the map, and dominate the game, and this increases the chances of winning. For gamblers, this increases the chance of a serious pay out!
- First Blood: gamblers can also take bets on who will shed the first blood.
- First To… more generally, you can also place bets on other ‘firsts’, including the first player to kill or the first player to successfully destroy any enemy markets. This is a pretty diverse category and some bets can get rather random!
Dota 2 and Betting
Now that you have a basic understanding of the strategies, aims and objectives of the game, it is time to consider how it can be used in a betting capacity. Dota 2 has established a serious reputation for itself in the world of esports, and the first public tournament held a grand prize of over $1,000,000. All this is for a game which has been out for less than a decade. The popularity of the game shows no sign of slowing down, and many bookies are laying down incredible bonus offers to try and entice new bettors to the sport. When the bookmakers are excited, you can tell you are onto a good thing!
One of the most important things to remember if you’re looking for success is to increase your knowledge of the game as much as possible; this will give you the insider knowledge you need to succeed, and helps set you apart from the competition. As Dota 2 continues to grow in popularity, an increasing number of skilled players are coming to the table. If you want to stand a chance, you need to know your stuff.
Frequently Asked Questions
The more you know, the easier will be to succeed, and the more information you have to place your betting strategy on. In particular, make sure you have a good knowledge of teams competing in the tournaments.
To help save you valuable time and get you playing sooner, we have put together a list of Dota 2 betting sites. Have fun!
3. Bet 356
5. William Hill
Dota 2 can be a great way to add a little variety to your online betting experience, as well as try a brand new game, and take part in the growing world of esports. With a little practice, knowledge and experience, you may have what it takes to go all the way, and unlock a new area of betting which could prove to be very lucrative. All you need to do is swot up on the stats!